To make ICCI a leading and role model trade organization in the country taking growth oriented initiatives and adopting best international practices.
As the premier Chamber of Commerce & Industry with national and international linkages, ICCI shall continue to enhance its leadership role by being proactive and providing quality services to its members and to act asa catalyst for rapid economic development in this region through promotion of trade, industry, services and development of youth entrepreneurship culture.
Islamabad Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ICCI) was established in 1984 and incorporated under the Companies Act VII of 1913 on 26th August, 1984 as a Limited Company by Guarantee. Its registered office is in Islamabad and jurisdiction spreads over the entire Federal Capital Area (urban and rural).As per new Trade Ordinance and Rule 2007, ICCI got new license in April 2007.
Aims and Objects
· to advance, develop, protect, safeguard and promote the rights, interests and privileges of the traders, industrialists and service providers in the Islamabad Capital Territory;
· to promote entrepreneurship culture, especially focusing on youth and women entrepreneurs;
· to diffuse among the Members information affecting trade and industry through print and electronic media.
· to render technical, managerial supervisory and advisory assistance to the Members;
· to arbitrate in the settlement of disputes arising between a member and a non-member willing or agreeing to submit to arbitration in accordance with the arbitration rules of Chamber;
· to work actively for the eradication of unethical business practices from the field of trade, industry and services.
· to make representations to the local, Provincial and Federal Authorities on any matter connected with the trade, industry and services;
· to elect or nominate Members to represent Chamber on any local and public bodies;
· to hold exhibitions, fairs, seminars, workshops and conferences relating to trade, industry and services in Pakistan and abroad.
· to establish educational/vocational institutions including schools, colleges, institutes, and university etc. for the promotion of education and for the benefit of the business community.
· to assist the Government through submission of proposals on economic activity including trade policy, budget and taxation.
· to extend maximum possible co-operation to the Chambers and Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce and Industry in all national building and beneficent activities;