The main purpose of the launch of Young Entrepreneurs Group (YEG)-Pakistan Chapter of Confederation of Asia-Pacific Chamber of Commerce & Industry (CACCI) to engage the youth of the country for their positive and active participation in entrepreneurship landscape. The Young Entrepreneurs Group Asia-Pacific (YEGAP) was created during the 68th CACCI Council Meeting held in May 2004 and it has great pride that CACCI has announced the establishment of first YEG-Pakistan Chapter.
YEG-Pakistan would initially focus on the following areas:-
1. Provide mentorship to the students of universities for getting into business world.
2. Training programs will be organized to build youth capacity to understand various entrepreneurial issues.
3. Young business professionals will develop close liaison with the universities to deliver lectures on the importance of entrepreneurship & for earning sustainable livelihood and providing employment opportunities to others.
4. Youth of Pakistan will be connected with young entrepreneurs of the Asia Pacific Region for sharing of ideas on various issues.
5. A platform will be provided to encourage of youth to learn from each other country’s cultures and entrepreneurial environment.
6. A business plan competition will be organized among CACCI countries and the best plans will be given true recognition in the region by awarding them certificates.
7. YEG-Pakistan will be connected with Entrepreneurship Development Centre (EDC) of Islamabad Chamber of Commerce & Industry that will help in building capacity of students in different areas.
8. Focused group discussions and roundtables will be organized involving young business professionals and new business entrants to talk on matters pertaining to youth development and their effective role in the society.
9. YEG-Pakistan will create association with other local youth groups to come up with multiple ideas that can lead the nation to new heights of economic growth & development.
10. YEG-Pakistan with the assistance of Islamabad Chamber of Commerce & Industry will organize youth festivals to give opportunity to youth to exhibit their talent in science, technology & unconventional areas in which our countries needs support for economic excellence.